Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day

How did you spend your Memorial Day?  The beginning of ours was not good at all.  We were called at 3am by a fellow firefighter who made a call to my father in law’s house.  He was taken by ambulance to the hospital.  He will be there for a few days while they run some tests.  While my husband rested from his early morning trip to the hospital, my son and I went to our Texas Panhandle War Memorial to observe those that died for our country.  It is a really nice memorial.  I didn’t realize you can purchase plaques honoring veterans.  We are going to buy one in honor of my husband’s uncle.  He died from leukemia a couple of  years ago and he served in WWII.  I think it will make my husband’s aunt so happy when we show it to her.  I can’t wait!  Here are some photos of the memorial. 

This is the are where the plaques that people can buy are displayed.  

I am proud that my city has such a place to honor our veterans.  Thank you to all who served and especially to those that gave their life.

signature2

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails