Wednesday, July 7, 2010

How to Make Pillows for Less

IMG_1490

I have a couple of pillow ideas to share with you.  My first pillow is mostly made up of swatches from an expensive fabric store that I enjoy visiting.  During one of my visits, I kept collecting swatches of all the materials that caught my eye.  This was during my “I love leopard print” phase.   I got home with all of my swatches and decided to put them to use.  I sewed them together in a quilt pattern and made a pillow front with them.  I used some existing leopard print fabric I already had for the side and back.  Actually, the fabric was a sheet.  Sheets make great fabric for projects.  You can get a lot of material when you find a good deal on sheets for little money. 

IMG_1481

IMG_1483

IMG_1485

Here is the back of the pillow. 

IMG_1484

On the next pillow I used inexpensive fabric again mixed with a printed fabric and a small piece of trim to give it a more custom look.

IMG_1487 IMG_1488

And once again, the back is plain inexpensive fabric.

IMG_1489

Looks like I skimped on stuffing!  I should have added a little more. Not a good way to save on money on the pillows.   Oh well you can’t tell from the front so much.

IMG_1491 

signature2

Linking to

Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Chic

Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple

Under $100 Linky Party @ Beyond the Pickett Fence

Fabric Fun @ Cheap Chic Home

Feature Yourself Friday @ Fingerprints on the Fridge

Show and Tell @ My Romantic Home

Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

Weekend Wrap Up Party @ Tater Tots and Jello

Visit thecsiproject.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails