Friday, August 20, 2010

The Lovely Blog Award

Finally!  I didn’t lose an email telling me that I received an award and I posted about it in a matter of days.  Phew!  I hope this means I will continue to do better. 

I received this award

from Haley at The Autocrat.

You should visit her truly lovely blog if you want some inspiration and a smile.

She likes color and is not afraid to use it.  I love that about her home.  If you like scrapbooking then she just did a series on 10 days of scrapbooking and she recently had a blog makeover.  Her makeover is tempting me to do the same. 

Now for the rules.  I am such a rule follower.  It drives my husband crazy.

I have to share 7 things about myself.

1.  I love photography and one day want to be good at it.  I signed up for a class that starts in October and I hope it is the beginning of good things.

2.  I only have one child because my son was born unable to physically poop and it was a nightmare.  We finally got it all worked out by age 3.  (I hope he doesn’t see this because he will die!)

3.  My husband was everything I thought I didn’t like it in a man when I met him.  Big ego with big muscles.  14 years later I still love him and appreciate his muscles now that he is in his 40s because the older we get the harder it is to stay in shape. 

4.  I met my husband at the end of March 1996 and married him at the end of July 1996.  I guess I liked his ego after all.  Before my husband, I had one boyfriend for 6 years and another for 3 so I normally didn’t rush into things like marriage. 

5.  I own a 1973 Karman Ghia.

005_thumb[10]

002[5]

  I have wanted one since I could drive and bought one about a year ago.  You can read about it here if you want to.

6.  My mother died from suicide over 10 years ago.  It is a terrible thing and needs more awareness to help prevent other families from the grief it causes. 

7.  I love all things stairs.  My favorite cardio exercise is this mini escalator like machine at my gym.  I choose to climb stairs any chance I get especially at airports because I don’t like crowds and the escalators are always crowded with people and luggage.  Crowds make me nervous and grumpy. 

 

I am passing on this award to these 4 bloggers that totally wow me.

1.  Mandi @ Tidbits from the Treymanes

Mandi takes the most wonderful photos and she shares a ton of family photos.  I love them and I have never even met her or her family.   Her sarcasm and wit have me laughing every time she writes a post.  When this girl does a project it is always outstanding and awesome. 

2.  Brittany @ Pretty Handy Girl

If you haven’t visited her blog you are truly missing out.  She just started her blog in June and  is a natural.   Her projects are amazing.  She can do anything and does it so well.  Her blog will be one everyone knows I guarantee it.  Her followers list grows by leaps and bounds by the day and she has been featured many many times. 

3.  Sonya @ Beyond the Screen Door

I am in love with her blog.  This girl has such talent.  I was debating how to make my new curtains for my dining breakfast area and I found her blog and the dilemma was over.  (I just have to get them made now.)  If you are looking for window treatment ideas this is the place.  She is talented in many ways.  You must take a look.  She has some great pillow tutorials right now. 

4.  Katie @ Cowboy Phraseology

Katie and her home are very beautiful.  She has wonderful photos that show you how she has decorated every room.  Right now she is doing a series on organization.  I wish I could be as neat and organized as Katie.  I hope if I keep reading her posts then it will rub off on me.   Head on over there and you won’t be disappointed.

I had to do one extra.

I just “met” this blogger and she is so friendly and talented.

Alida @ I Make Stuff

I want her red hair.

scarfgirls

I want it so badly she is asking her colorist what colors he used.  Of course I need her great porcelain skin to actually be able to look good in it.  This girl can sew.  You might recognize her maternity shirt tutorial when you see it because it was featured everywhere.  It is sooo good.  She should be a fashion designer.  If you need sewing tips and ideas head over there now.  She also has a great scarf giveaway.  I love scarves in the fall and winter! 

I had so much fun talking about these blogs.  I really should do features. 

signature2

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails