Thursday, September 30, 2010

Neighborhood Parade and How to Mod Podge on Canvas

Living near a high school has it’s advantages like neighborhood homecoming parades.  It was delayed for 2 weeks because we had a flood.  We only live 5 houses from the street the parade starts on and the kids love it because of all the candy that is thrown.

It is always themed.  This year’s theme was 70s and 80s. 

I thought I would share some photos with you.

Band

IMG_4300

IMG_4302

Dance Team

IMG_4306

Cheerleaders

IMG_4338

Homecoming Candidate in a cool car.

IMG_4309

Football Team

IMG_4312

Girls Softball

IMG_4313

IMG_4331

IMG_4345

I am not sure what is up with the cave outfits but look at that boy in a bikini top and a skirt!

IMG_4321

Golf

IMG_4342

Latin Club

IMG_4348

Drama  

IMG_4350

There were many more but this is post is already long with photos, however, I must add my favorite float.

The Veterans.

These vets make me smile and proud.

IMG_4357 IMG_4358 IMG_4359 IMG_4360  IMG_4362  IMG_4363

And finally here are the kids enjoying gathering candy.

This one is my son.

IMG_4311 IMG_4314  IMG_4319

Not too shabby for a neighborhood parade huh? 

MOD PODGE UPDATE

I did an update on my Bathroom Art Gone Wrong  post.  Amy from Mod Podge Rocks gave me some tips on how to use it on canvas and I wanted to share them with you.  Go here to see the tips and get a link to her blog.

NOTICE TO WINNER OF WATCH GIVEAWAY!!!

I need you to contact me with an email address and a home address.  I do not have either.  I will have to choose another winner if I can’t reach you to send you the prize.

 

I will be adding more front porch decorating posts this weekend.  I love going to buy pumpkins at the pumpkin patches.  I found some pretty ones and made them even prettier with a simple and inexpensive idea. 

Tracy

 

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails