Friday, October 29, 2010

Rustic Wood Tray And Beautiful Colored Bottles

Lat weekend I bought a rustic tray from an antique mall.  It caught my eye a week or so before and I didn’t buy it.  I kept thinking about it and decided to go back and see if it was still there.  It was and now it’s mine.  

I knew it would look perfect with a collection of bottles inside it.  I already had one old bottle that is clear with a neat metal cap. Then I found some colored ones online at West Elm which is a bit modern, but I thought the bottles looked vintage.   Here is a link.

I placed them all in my tray with a few other elements and put it on my newly redone side table

IMG_5898

I bought the gray and olive bottles to go with my clear one.  The gray one is on the left.  I love it. 

IMG_5892

The handles are uneven in size.  I think it give it creates character.

IMG_5901

I love the cracks, nail heads showing and the weathered wood.  All the old crevices held a ton of dirt in them.  I used our air compressor to spray it all out.  It worked like a charm.

IMG_5893

I have a touch of fall in my tray for now and I will change it for Christmas. 

IMG_5894

 

IMG_5895

 

IMG_5902

I am glad the tray was still there.   I know it is something I will enjoy for a long time.   

Tracy

Linking to

Show and Tell @ My Romantic Home

Weekend Wrap Up @ Tatertots and Jello

Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

Table Top Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails