Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Vintage Window Screen Wall Art

Yesterday I posted about my painted magnet letters (here), but I didn’t tell you why I made them because I was feeling lazy and tired.  I wasn’t sure when I would get my junky old window screen I bought for $5 sanded and painted so I didn’t want to mention it.

Luckily, the mood struck me about 7pm tonight to get it done.  It is dark here by 7:30pm now.  So with only the porch light,  I sanded and painted and got it done.

I like old chippy paint, but not paint that literally falls off  when someone walks past it.   This window screen was that bad.  I scraped and sanded the loose paint and put a quick coat of light green paint on it.  It is a sample from Home Depot in Martha Stewart’s Oolong Tea. 

This was my night time work area. 

IMG_4932

My husband thinks I am a weirdo for working outside at night.  These shorter days make it hard on a working girl to get things done in the daylight. 

After the paint dried I dry brushed on some acrylic in raw umber to give it an aged look. 

I still need to work on my display, but here is the screen for now.

 IMG_4939

I want to make some cute magnets to hold the photos and I need to put more thought into the photos I use. 

I have never liked this corner, but I like it better with the window screen.  I need to change up some other things and I have some ideas that I will post when I get them done. 

 IMG_4944

This is what the screen looked like before I painted it.

IMG_4893

I like the green Oolong Tea much better not to mention the clean look verses the layers of dirt look.

Have you noticed a little extra something painted on the screen?

I used my bird stencil from my bench project (here) on the screen.  It is a subtle touch. 

IMG_4945

But a good one in my opinion. 

My husband thinks I am crazy for putting an old yucky window screen in our house.  I like it.  What do you think? 

By the way, I have a watch giveaway going on here.

Tracy

 

Linking to

Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple

Show Off Your Stuff @ Fireflies and Jellybeans

Under $100 Linky Party @ Beyond The Picket Fence

Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Chic Cottage

Show and Tell @ My Romantic Home

Remodelaholic’s Anonymous @ Remodelaholic

Weekend Wrap Up @ Tatertots and Jello

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails