Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Side Table Painted and Stained

I attempted sanding and staining a side table to darken it.  It didn’t work so I just said oh well and kept going with it.  I used some chalkpaint in Versailles and added a little Graphite to it.  Did some quick distressing, used a light brown Briwax and called it good.

IMG_5745

I wish I loved painting, but I don’t.  I like things redone so I do it.  If I loved painting then that ugly trim would be painted and if I knew how to use a saw then I would add molding where that horrible carpet goes up the wall.  I wonder if I can eventually talk my husband into helping me?  Don’t ya hate when you have to involve your husband?

IMG_5747_edited-1

My son loves this table that was my husband’s before we married.  He lifts the side up and puts his drink, IPod, snack, etc on it. 

IMG_5754_edited-1

I got a new lamp shade.  I will post about that soon.

Here’s a little before pic for ya.

20111029-IMG_3569

sig

Linking to

Piece of Work Wednesday @ Primitive and Proper

Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style

Power of Paint @ Domestically Speaking

Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails